I love sharing what I do with youth of all ages and am happy to bring it into the classroom. Science illustration and field sketching are unique programs that help link art and science for students. I have planned my own curriculum for doing a two-week, place-based science illustration residency in schools, but am happy to customize my teaching to the needs of a specific school, and to integrate my teaching with relevant curriculum and community events.
Please get in touch with me if you are interested in bringing me into your school. I am willing to come for shorter (one afternoon) to longer (multiple week) programs. I may be able to work with you to brainstorm ideas for finding funding and applying for grants.
Past Youth Projects
Click on the links below to see photos, student work, and learn more.
- Nondalton School Mural and Artists in Schools Residency (Two weeks)
- McCarthy Mail Shack Community Mural
- Northern Journeys Lessons on Observational Drawing (Two 1.5 hour lessons)
- Kenny Lake School Artists in Schools Residency (Two weeks)
- Hogarth Kingeekuk Sr. Memorial School Artists in Schools Residency, Savoonga (Two weeks)
- Mountain Arts and Science for Youth with the Wrangell Mountains Center (3 hour workshops)
- TAG Summer School: Science and Art Extravaganza with the Mat-Su School District (One week)