I love sharing what I do with youth of all ages and am happy to bring it into the classroom. Science illustration and field sketching are unique programs that help link art and science for students. I have planned my own curriculum for doing a two-week, place-based science illustration residency in schools, but am happy to customize my teaching to the needs of a specific school, and to integrate my teaching with relevant curriculum and community events.
Please get in touch with me if you are interested in bringing me into your school. I am willing to come for shorter (one afternoon) to longer (multiple week) programs. I may be able to work with you to brainstorm ideas for finding funding and applying for grants.
Past Youth Projects
- McCarthy Mail Shack Mural
- Northern Journeys Lessons on Observational Drawing (Two 1.5 hour lessons)
- Kenny Lake School Artists in Schools Residency (Two weeks)
- Hogarth Kingeekuk Sr. Memorial School Artists in Schools Residency, Savoonga (Two weeks)
- Mountain Arts and Science for Youth with the Wrangell Mountains Center (3 hour workshops)
- TAG Summer School: Science and Art Extravaganza with the Mat-Su School District (One week)